WG3 explores the characteristics of financing the different energy storage options to ensure that present and future facilities are up–to-date and suitable for both traditional energy sources and renewable ones. WG3 highlights the challenges in remuneration of storage services and in financing innovative solutions, while also assessing how to leverage energy storage to ensure energy security, respond to peak energy demands, and integrate a larger share of renewables in the energy system.
For more details on what has been discussed in WG3 meetings, see below "WG3 reports".
- Barriers to investments in Energy Storage
- Financing models for Energy Storage
- Availability of financial instruments for Energy Storage
- Guarantees for Energy Storage
- Equity and quasi-equity for Energy Storage
Access to the ID-E Members Platform
For WG Members, click here to access the ID-E Members Platform
WG3 member organisation
- Bavarian Center for Applied Energy Research e.V., ZAE Bayern
- Cassa Depositi e Prestiti SpA (CDP)
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- EDP Renewables SA
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (ENTSOG)
- European Union Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER)
- Federation of European Tank Storage Associations (FETSA)
- Iberdrola S.A.
- Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A.
- Public Power Corporation SA
- TEXEL Energy Storage
- World Fund