The Commission, on behalf of the EU, is part of the high-level global forum Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) and Mission Innovation (MI).
The Clean Energy Ministerial works to promote policies and programs that advance clean energy technology, to share lessons learned and best practices and encourage the transition to a global clean energy economy.
- Virtual meeting - Chile, 31 May – 6 June 2021 (CEM12)
- Vancouver, Canada, 27-29 May 2019 (CEM10)
- Copenhagen, Denmark, 23-24 May 2018 (CEM9)
- Beijing, China, 6-8 June 2017 (CEM8)
- San Francisco, USA, 1-2 June 2016 (CEM7)
- Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico, 27-28 May 2015 (CEM6)
- Seoul, South Korea, 12-12 May 2014 (CEM5)
- New Delhi, India, 17-18 April 2013 (CEM4)
- London, UK on 25-26 April 2012 (CEM3)
- Abu Dhabi, UAE on 6-7 April 2011 (CEM2)
- Washington, USA, 19-20 July 2010 (CEM1)
Mission Innovation was launched at the United Nations Climate Change Conference 2015 (COP21) in Paris 2015 by the leaders of countries that share a desire to accelerate global clean energy innovation. It currently consists of 23 countries plus the European Commission, on behalf of the European Union.
- Virtual meeting - Chile, 31 May – 6 June 2021 (MI-6)
- Vancouver, Canada, 27-29 May 2019 (MI-4)
- Copenhagen, Denmark, 22-23 May 2018 (MI-3)
- Beijing, China, 6-8 June 2017 (MI-2)
- Inaugural meeting, San Francisco, USA, 1 June 2016