The Energy Transition Expertise Centre (EnTEC) is a multi-disciplinary centre of expertise, aiming to identify relevant future topics for the energy transition.
At this interactive online workshop, relevant stakeholders are invited to bring in their needs and pains regarding an overarching, interoperable and trustworthy data exchange in the energy industry in relation to flexibility provision.
The goal is to better understand where policymakers may provide support and where the industry should be taking its own initiatives.
This workshop — the first of two — will give participants the opportunity to share their thoughts in small groups on the following questions during a two-hour, online session.
- What are the pain points for data sharing in terms of flexibility provision, and how relevant are these for policy-makers?
- What does the industry need to solve the pain points for data sharing?
- How could we improve the flexibility provision using Energy Data Space technology?
The focus will be on four areas of interest
- main energy data (metering & consumption)
- data for flexibility services (aggregation)
- electric vehicles / charging data
- building related prosumer appliance data
For social media: #EnTECentre
- energy transition | data transmission
- 16 May 2023,
02:00 PM - 04:00 PM CESTAgenda
13:55 – 14:00 Dial-in and technical checks
14:00 – 14:05 Welcome words: European Commission and project consortium
14:05 – 14:10 Introduction to session: Project team
14:10 – 14:25 Presentation of identified gaps and challenges for data sharing
14:25 – 15:00 Break-out session: validating and ranking challenges faced by industry
15:00 – 15:15 Break
15:15 – 15:45 Come together and present results of break-out
15:45 – 16:00 Summarising lessons and next steps for recommendations