The Commission is pleased to announce the opening of registration for this year’s . Under the heading “Accelerating the clean energy transition - towards lower bills and greater skills”, the event will take place from 20-22 June, back to the traditional month of June.
EUSEW is the biggest annual event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe, comprising a series of activities aimed at building a sustainable and secure energy future for Europe. As last year, EUSEW 2023 will be organised in a hybrid format, both online and physical. Participants are invited to register and can choose to join the event on-site at the Charlemagne building in Brussels, or online, to engage in discussions on different issues linked to the overall theme.
In 2022, the event had more than 8 000 participants onsite and online, including public authorities, energy policy experts, private companies, NGOs, EU project partners, researchers, youth and consumers. This year’s event is expected to attract a similar attendance.
EUSEW 2023 highlights include:
- The EUSEW Policy Conference, from 20 to 22 June. The main topics include skills for the energy transition, energy efficiency, renewables, affordability and inclusion, decarbonisation policies and international cooperation. 60 sessions are organised by the European Commission and energy stakeholders and include high-level speakers to discuss, debate and share best practices.
- The prestigious Awards Ceremony for the European Sustainable Energy Awards, on 20 June, in the presence of European Commissioner for Energy Kadri Simson, recognising individuals and projects for outstanding efforts across four categories: Innovation, Local Energy Action, and Woman in Energy. In addition, a Young Energy Champion will be named in recognition of their achievements.
- The fourth edition of the European Youth Energy Day on 20 June includes a World Café of 30 young Europeans and a dedicated session on energy communities.
- A series of networking activities during the whole week, where participants can connect with other members of the sustainable energy community, including an Energy Fair (giving organisations and associations the opportunity to showcase their initiatives and interact with participants)
- And, from April to the end of June, locally organised Sustainable Energy Days take place around the world to promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Launched in 2007 by the European Commission, EUSEW is organised by the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA), in close cooperation with Directorate-General for Energy.
- Publication date
- 18 April 2023
- Directorate-General for Energy