The Initiative for coal regions in transition facilitates collective dialogue among regions and the wider stakeholder community, promoting good practices and cooperation, and organises working groups and high-level political events.
The Initiative's Secretariat organizes regular virtual meetings to offer updates to stakeholders, present the latest developments, announce programmes and gather feedback from coal regions from the EU and beyond on their journey towards a just transition.
Just Transition Platform Conference | Save the date 24-26 October
We are pleased to announce that the sixth edition of the Just Transition Platform Conference (including the Coal Regions in Transition workstream and Carbon-Intensive Regions seminars) will take place in a hybrid format in Brussels on 24–26 October. This event will be co-hosted by the Commission’s Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO) and the Directorate-General for Energy (DG ENER). The conference will also include the Multilevel Dialogue organised by the European Committee of the Regions.
Register to the Inititative for coal regions in transition newsletter to receive the agenda and registration link in your inbox.
Below you can find the outcomes and recordings from previous events. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on future events.
- Just Transition Platform Meeting – Coal Regions in Transition virtual week and Carbon-intensive regions seminars / 10–12 May 2022
- Just Transition Platform Meeting – Coal Regions in Transition virtual week and Carbon-intensive regions seminars / 15-17 November 2021
- Coal regions in transition virtual week / 26-29 April 2021
- Coal regions in transition virtual week / 16-18 November 2020
- Coal regions in transition virtual week / 1-3 July 2020
- Annual Political Dialogue, Görlitz, Germany / 25-26 November 2019
- 6th working group meeting / 16-17 October 2019
- 5th working group meeting / 15-16 July 2019
- 4th working group meeting / 8-9 April 2019
- 3rd working group meeting / 5, 6 and 7 November 2018
- 2nd working group meeting / 12 to 13 July 2018
- 1st working group meeting / 26 to 27 February 2018