The Network Code Implementation and Monitoring Group (NC IMG) is a forum for high level strategic coordination of network codes implementation and implementation monitoring. The members of the group are:
- the European Commission
- the Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER)
- the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E)
- the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (ENTSOG)
The NC IMG oversees the implementation and implementation monitoring of network codes for electricityand gas and ensures that the general objectives and guidelines are met. A correct implementation will to a large extent lead to the harmonisation of technical, operational and market rules governing the EU’s electricity grids and gas networks, which is a significant step in achieving an integrated EU internal market.
The coordination of the implementation of the network codes is done between sector-specific parties and across several platforms. For electricity, coordination groups have been voluntarily established in which ACER and national regulatory authorities (NRAs), together with ENTSO and European transmission system operators (ETSOs) or nominated market operators (NEMOs), plan and exchange views on the development of mainly EU-wide tasks as well as the approval status.
In addition, European Stakeholder Committees (ECS) for electricity network codes and guidelines allow stakeholders to express their views on the implementation progress. For gas, the joint ACER and ENTSOG functionality platform (the 'Gas network codes functionality platform' - FUNC) is the primary forum for establishing processes, organising dedicated stakeholder workshops and discussing implementing matters.
Since the first meeting on 13 June 2017, the NC IMG usually meets twice a year. The tasks and working methods of the group were discussed during the first two meetings, and have since been summarised in the NC IMG reference paper.
- Commission Decision on the establishment of the annual priority lists for the development of network codes and guidelines for 2018 (2018/496/EU)
- NC IMG reference paper with objectives and practical arrangements (October 2017)
- Decision on conditions for access to the natural gas transmission networks (2010/685/EU)
- Regulation on Conditions for Access to the Natural Gas Transmission Networks (715/2009/EC)
- Regulation on Conditions for Access to the Network for Cross-Border Exchanges in Electricity (714/2009/EC)
- Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER)
- The European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E)
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (ENTSOG)
- Gas Network Codes Functionality Platform
- European Stakeholder Committees
- Electricity network codes database